We talk to ourselves constantly. Some of us even speak to ourselves out-loud. Notice what you say to yourself? Are you telling yourself stuff that will get you what you want? A specific way to ‘program’ your mind to work toward a life of your dreams instead of against you is the use of affirmations.
An affirmation is a positive statement, one that you declare to be true, of something you desire in your life. It could be in relation to love, health, work, abundance… you name it. Here are 6 steps to creating great affirmations and transforming your life:
- Use the present tense. ex. “I am always meeting good people.”
- Stay positive. ex. “I enjoy delicious vegetables every day.” NOT “I don’t eat junk food.”
- Keep it simple. ex. “I am calm and centered.” There is no need to write a long winded explanation of the how’s, why’s and where’s. (2 Minute Meditation)
- If it feels good to you, use it. ex. “I attract love where ever I go.” Or does, “Love surounds me.” feel better? You decide.
- Accept and chill with where you are at. What you think right now is what is important. Make it something positive. ex. “I walk and move with confidence.”
- FEEL the wonderfulness of the affirmation. ex. “I am full of creativity and genius.” How awesome would that feel to truly believe that? Create the feeling.
Affirmations are written about everywhere… An oldie but goodie in my book is Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain. I’ve adapted the above guidelines in part from her into my work. Check it out if you want to delve deeper into the subject.
Be well, Susan